Our experienced, licensed agents will be there through each step of the process. From neighborhood comparisons to showings, from application filing to move-in inspection our goal is to make your experience as smooth and straight-forward as possible.
Rental Services from ERI Property Management
We help property owners find well qualified tenants.
We also help tenants who are looking for a place to live. We work with property owners and tenants in Berkeley, North Oakland, Emeryville, Albany, Kensington, and into El Cerrito.
ERI's licensed real estate rental agents will consult with you to identify your needs.
Whether you are looking for an apartment, a home, or a cottage, we can help you find it.
ERI Rental Agents
Terrence Sims Jr.
The Rental Process
- Contact ERI to make an appointment to see a rental listing or attend an advertised rental open house.
- Each person who will be on the lease needs to fill out a rental application and, if needed, a financially responsible and liable co-signer to fill out the co-signer application.
- Make a formal application for the rental you are interested in. Bring the application(s) to our office along with a $40 check for the screening fee of each applicant. Please make checks payable to ERI Rentals.
- ERI staff will screen each applicant. We may ask for supporting information. Please be prepared to provide proof of income (copy of your most recent paystub, last year's taxes, bank statements that show a summary of deposits, W-2's/1099's or student loan documentation that shows loans accepted). The screening includes getting a rental-oriented credit report that includes any civil court or tax records and verifying employment and reference information on each application. ERI is unable to accept previously run credit reports; we must run our own. ERI requires that the ratio between fixed expenses (proposed rent and all credit payments) be less than 45% of the verifiable gross income. If you are interested in more then one property, one application per person can be used for more multiple properties.
- ERI will present the screening information to the property owner and get authorization to write a lease.
- ERI will facilitate having the lease signed by the tenants and the property owner (or ERI as the property owner's agent where necessary). ERI uses the California Apartment Owners Association standard lease forms including all of the required Federal notices. The tenant is required to pay the deposit and the pro-rated rent for the remainder of the current month prior to moving in. The property owner will pay ERI a rental commission when the lease is signed.
- ERI will conduct a move-in inspection of the property for the tenant when the property becomes available.
- An ERI rental agent will preview your property and estimate the current market rent for your property. Suggestions will be made to make your property more attractive to tenants.
- The ERI agent will list your rental on our exclusive ERI rentals website as well as other rental sites such as Craigslist. With your permission, the agent will put a sign on the property with our phone number to advertise the rental.
- The ERI agent will show your rental by appointment, and, depending on demand, may hold an open house so that it gets the best exposure to prospective tenants.
- ERI staff will screen each applicant, including a credit report that includes a review of California Civil Court and Tax records. This way we can make sure the tenant(s) we recommend to you are well qualified and recommended.
- Once you approve a tenant(s), ERI will write the lease and arrange for it to be signed by the tenants, any co-signers if necessary, and you or your agent. Once the lease is signed, the owner pays ERI a rental commission.
- ERI will do the move-in inspection with the tenant before the move-in date.
- ERI Property Management has been helping owners of rental property find tenants for many years. Our agents and brokers are licensed professionals who understand the market, know the process and take pride in their personalized and friendly service.